Current Affairs 2019-2020
Current Affairs from 7th to 13th September 2019
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a nation-wide Fit India Movement from New Delhi on the occasion of National Sports Day on 29 August.
- In a major step towards increasing afforestation in the country, Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar has handed over forty seven thousand crore rupees from Compensatory Afforestation Fund to various states. The fund will be utilized for the compensatory afforestation, catchment area treatment, wildlife management, natural regeneration, forest fire prevention, soil and moisture conservation, improvement of wildlife habitat. Monitoring of the efforts pertaining to afforestation will be done with the help of the technology like geo- tagging and video shooting.
- Human Resource Development Ministry has directed the University Grants Commission to immediately constitute a high-level committee to inquire into allegations of sale of fake degrees by certain universities.
- The total horticulture production of the country is estimated to be over 313 million tonnes which is 0.69 per cent higher than the production in 2017-18.
- Reserve Bank has said early recognition and resolution of stressed assets have helped banks contain their Gross Non-Performing Loans ratio at 9.1 percent down from 11.2 percent a year before.
- Para-athlete Deepa Malik was conferred with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award by President Ram Nath Kovind on the occasion of National Sports Day which is dedicated to the legendary hockey player Dhyan Chand on 29th August.